Sandwich Master Bobby! (Photo taken by me)
INGREDIENTS: (adjusted to serve two)
1 8-ounce halibut steak or fillet (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/8 cup regular or reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup finely chopped red onion (we used chopped green onion instead and it was FANTASTIC)
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard (we didn't have dijon, but had a Trader Joe's garlic aioli mustard which was perfect)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- we used our own ciabatta and store bought romaine lettuce
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Halibut-Salad-Sandwiches-1984#ixzz21qRBSBnn
We walked down to the pier to get some fresh fish from Quality Seafood. We've walked around in there quite a bit, but never actually purchased fish from there. We bought the locally caught halibut, and it was a really lovely filet.
Bobby was responsible for the filet, I was in charge of the mayo. He broiled the filet in the oven for a few minutes each side with salt and pepper and it looked STUNNING; simply flaked apart when we were getting it ready to combine with the sauce. Along with the substitutions listed above (chopped green onion instead of red onion, garlic aioli mustard instead of dijon mustard), we also put some sliced tomato and avocado on our sandwiches.
The sandwich was fantastic! The halibut salad went great with the tomato and avocado.
Let me know if you try it!